Subject: Re: Linux SVGA & emu help req
To: None <frank@fwi.uva.nl>
From: Ernst J. du Toit <ernstjdt@maxwell.ctech.ac.za>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/07/1995 16:18:16
frank@fwi.uva.nl wrote:

> Ernst J. du Toit writes:
>
> > I can't seem to get the SVGALIB stuff going - I've followed the docs
> > posted, but if I run abuse (try it - its better than doom :-)
> > it comes up, but then reports - not running on a graphics able terminal...
>
> > If I try the SVGA test programs for linux I get either the same error or
> > some thing like a 'bad call' (can't recall now - machine at home).
>
> The first problem sounds like you have not recompiled the NetBSD/i386 kernel
> with pcvt enabled, the second one sounds like you have not compiled the latest
> -current sources. What you're getting there is probably 'Bad system call'
> (i.e. a SIGSYS), meaning you don't have some of the newer Linux system calls
> that were added lately. I'll have a look at abuse for X today, though I
> never had any problems with any Linux X application myself..

I have pcvt compiled in (pcvt 3.30).
I'm running the 12Aug current, I DID see source changes to BOTH pcvt and
linux_emu since though - shall I try them?

et
--
Ernst J. du Toit (TED5)           Internet: ernstjdt@maxwell.ctech.ac.za
School of Electrical Engineering  BELTEL  : 175250 / Amateur Radio: ZR1ABB