Subject: loading hangs - i386
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark F Willey <willey@ecn.purdue.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/03/1995 01:28:16
Hi, all.

I have a strange problem.  On two machines, one 1.0 and one -current as of
a few weeks ago, when the boot loader begins to load the kernel, the

The -current drive *does* work on another machine, and there are no obvious
hardware diffferences.  I don't think it even gets far enough for the
kernel contents to matter, as it freezes upon the first printing of the '|'
character.

The -current drive was strapped from an existing system.  The 1.0 was
installed from floppies.

These machines are machines of people who want to install NetBSD, but have
not run it before.

Mark