Subject: Quota problems
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeff Thieleke <thieleke@icaen.uiowa.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/30/1995 23:39:14
I am trying to get quotas working on my NetBSD -current (week old binaries,
last night's kernel with QUOTA defined) system, but nothing seems to work. I
am attempting to create quotas for the 'user' group on my machine.

Here is the relevent section of my /etc/fstab:

/dev/sd1a  /	      ffs      rw,groupquota=/var/quotas/root.group	1 1
/dev/sd1d  /usr	      ffs      rw,groupquota=/var/quotas/usr.group	1 2
/dev/sd0g  /user      ffs      rw,groupquota=/var/quotas/user.group	1 2

When I try to create the above quota files with, for example, 'quotacheck
/dev/sd1a' it reports "/dev/sd1a not found in /etc/fstab".
'quotacheck -a' doesn't create the files, either.

So then I try to 'touch' the above files, then run 'quotacheck -a', then
'edquota -g user'.  That fires up $EDITOR, with only:

  Quotas for group user:

Is there something I'm missing here?

---
Jeff Thieleke