Subject: Re: Old gnu tools
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/27/1995 21:41:59
Kerry James Paulson (umpaul11@cc.UManitoba.CA) wrote:

:   I'm not trying to bash the core team, I'm just frustrated that I have to
: maintain two versions of gcc with limited disk space.  I realize that gcc
: often adds many new bugs in new releases, but I don't see why 2.5.8, 2.6.3
: or 2.7.0, all of which were said to be very stable releases were not
: integrated.

2.7.0 had a bug which made it choke on the mroute.c file (when trying to
initializa a static struct as far as I remember) a couple of weeks ago.
I tried that myself.

So you see, keeping the known version of the compiler in the
distribution has its advantages

	Ignatios Souvatzis