Subject: Re: Mush ported to NetBSD?
To: None <pchris@panix.com, sdeboer@uoguelph.ca>
From: Chris Perleberg <pchris@panix.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/27/1995 14:31:56
> > Anyone know where I can find Mush ported to NetBSD?  I've tried compiling
> > Thanks,
> > 	Chris
>
> I have the mush compiled on an Amiga/NetBSD setup....What sort of
> problems are you running into?

To be a bit more clear, I'm trying to compile mush 7.2.5 on NetBSD-current
(May 15 freeze) on a PC.  Using the makefile.bsd, the compile problems are
related to terminal i/o stuff, in that in "mush.h" (the primary .h file),
after many lines of system dependent code setting up defines of terminal
structures, the compiler complains at:

SGTTY _tty;

No SGTTY structure had been defined.  I got things to compile by adding

#include <sgtty.h>
typedef struct sgttyb SGTTY

and adding "-DVPRINTF -U__GNUC__ -traditional" to CFLAGS, as well as a few
minor code changes, but now mush in curses mode ("mush -C") segmentation
faults, and in non-curses mode, every line I enter is printed twice to the
screen (as though I were entering data in "cat" interactively).  I can get
rid of the "print twice" problem by using "mush -e", but this eliminates
some functionality.......

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.  Also, if you have a copy of
mush.h and makefile for mush7.2.5 that work on your NetBSD system, could
you e-mail me a copy?

Thanks,
	Chris

PS: The same source compiles/runs fine on a SPARC running SunOS4.1.X.  I
    tried compiling it on a BSDI machine (if I remember correctly, at least
    it was one of those for pay BSD for PC versions, it's down now so I can't
    check), and it had similar problems to the NetBSD compile probs.....