Subject: Re: Easy questions: timezone, 'issue'
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Kadow <kadokev@rci.ripco.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/25/1995 20:48:25
> I cannot help you with the timezone, though I think it is controlled by some
> symbolic link.  To change the pre-login message, review the manual pages for
> gettytab and then edit the default entry and remove the greeting attribute
> (I do not remember the tagname).

Thanks to everybody who responded.

Here's a tougher question- has anybody tried an internal ISDN adapter card
with NetBSD?

I'm working on some major projects utilizing ISDN, and currently use a
(borrowed) Combinet 160 external LAN bridge. They make an internal version
(the 1060) that presents an NE2000like interface, and there is supposedly a
Linux driver that works with it...

Other vendors' cards tend to offload too many low-level functions to the
operating system (generally MS-Windows, ugh) making it next to impossible to
write a driver without copies of the vendors source code and copious free time.

--
kadokev@msg.net 						   Kevin Kadow
                 Yes, I do speak for MSG.Net -- http://msg.net/