Subject: Re: Elm 2.4 problems, ie: lock files
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeff Thieleke <thieleke@icaen.uiowa.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/24/1995 20:22:06
> 	I'm attempting to install elm on my netbsd-1.0 server and I
> get the errors regarding file locking while attempting to read mail.
> I have searched through the archives and found nothing of use to help

Did you specify all 3 locking mechanisms (dot, flock, and fctrl or
something similar) in the configure program?  Try only specifying the
first two - using all 3 causes conflicts.

Also, you should upgrade to PL24 or maybe even one of the PL24 mutants.
I recommend ELM 2.4 PL24 ME7a - it adds integrated PGP and MIME support,
as well as a few new features and bugfixes.  You can pick ME7a up at:
<ftp://cs.hmc.edu/pub/me>

---
Jeff Thieleke
thieleke@icaen.uiowa.edu