Subject: Re: 4.4BSD daemon book available???
To: Andrew Cassin <acas@catt.citri.edu.au>
From: Garth Corral <corral@svl.photronics.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/17/1995 11:11:16
On Wed, 9 Aug 1995, Garth Corral wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Aug 1995, Andrew Cassin wrote:
>
> > I know someone answered this before, but I am trying to track down the
> > 4.4BSD "daemon" book (which I understand has been released in the US) by
> > Leffler et. al so can anyone provide any details (review, ISBN# etc.)????

[...]

>     I called Addison Wesley and spoke to a representative that said she
> was pretty sure it was not released but she didn't handle this book
> directly.   She put me in contact with another rep. that does handle the
> daemon book.  Unfortunately, she is on vacation until today (8/9).
> I left a message and am expecting a reply by the end of the week.
>
>     I'll let everyone know what I find out.  If someone else finds out
> first, by all means let us know

    Well, here's what I found out.  For those of you who are anxiously
awaiting the release of the new daemon book the answer is... Keep waiting.

    The AW representative that I spoke to was very helpful and eager to
answer my questions about the book though her answers were somewhat
disappointing.  She said that any rumors about the impending release of
the new daemon book were far from the truth and that a more realistic
release date is probably around April or May of next year.

    She did give me the ISBN however, for whatever good it will do at
this point.  The number is 0-201-59146.  Seems like there should be
another number in there but that's what she gave me.

> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Andrew Cassin
> > email address: acas@catt.citri.edu.au
> >

> Garth Corral