Subject: llinfo<7>arpresolve error -again?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ernst J. du Toit <ernstjdt@maxwell.ctech.ac.za>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/14/1995 09:12:28
Hi

I installed the 8 Jul -current on a machine here on our backbone on Friday and
I get the following error after the box has been up for a while:

 /netbsd:arpresolv: can't allocate llinfo<7>arpresolve: can't allocate
	llinfo

Form the console netstat,ping,telnet etc still works, but no name
resolving (figures since ping don't work to our SUN box - the DNS, BUT I
can ping the routers and hosts on the Internet...)

Doing arp -a results: /netbsd: arplookup: unable to enter address for xxxx

I grepped the mail archive and found the above mentioned, but no fixes :-(

Must I just upgrade to Aug 12 -current???

Oh, h/w info:	i386-port tried both NE2000 and WD8013 cards - with NE2000
the problem comes up a LOT quicker, I actually thought the card went duff.
There are only about 15 machines (routers mostly) on the segment - quite a
bit of traffic though.

Thanks
et

--
Ernst J. du Toit (TED5)           Internet: ernstjdt@maxwell.ctech.ac.za
School of Electrical Engineering  BELTEL  : 175250 / Amateur Radio: ZR1ABB