Subject: Re: 4.4BSD daemon book available???
To: Andrew Cassin <acas@catt.citri.edu.au>
From: Garth Corral <corral@svl.photronics.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/09/1995 09:45:50
On Mon, 7 Aug 1995, Andrew Cassin wrote:

> I know someone answered this before, but I am trying to track down the
> 4.4BSD "daemon" book (which I understand has been released in the US) by
> Leffler et. al so can anyone provide any details (review, ISBN# etc.)????

    If this was answered before, I don't remember seeing the post.  I do
remember hearing that it was being worked on but that was some time ago
and I have not seen it in any of the local (silicon valley) bookstores.
Anyway, after seeing this thread I was hopeful that there was some truth
to this rumor.

    I called Addison Wesley and spoke to a representative that said she
was pretty sure it was not released but she didn't handle this book
directly.   She put me in contact with another rep. that does handle the
daemon book.  Unfortunately, she is on vacation until today (8/9).
I left a message and am expecting a reply by the end of the week.

    I'll let everyone know what I find out.  If someone else finds out
first, by all means let us know

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Andrew Cassin
> email address: acas@catt.citri.edu.au