Subject: Re: 4.4BSD daemon book available???
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG, s671687@rghx50.gp.fht-esslingen.de>
From: Alex Dumitru <alexd@system9.unisys.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/08/1995 15:13:06
> I don't exactly know what you mean by "4.4BSD daemon book", but I only know
> the 4.4 BSD manuals (5 books) by O'Reilly & Associates. Look them up at
> "http://gnn.digital.com/gnn/bus/ora/". You have to choose which of them you
> need for your purposes.

I don't have the book handy right now, but I think you are refering to
something like "The design of the Unix Operating System" (is there a
4.3 in there?). It's a harcover book, black with the daemon on the
front. Authors are Leffler, McCusik (sp) and someone else...

It deals mainly with 4.3 and has a lot of specific stuff about
the VAX architecture. Very useful if you want to learn OS design,
but unfortunately not really up to date with 4.4. There is even
an answer book paired up with it.

If anyone is interested, I will dig out the ISBN number. As far as
I know there is/was no revision planned.

cheers
alex