Subject: Good hardware?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Colbert <bcolbert@aac.accurate-automation.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/07/1995 09:24:20
   I don't know if this will get to everyone or not.  I have been having
   problems sending mail to netbsd-help?  Here goes anyways...

   I desire to purchase a scsi controller that I can use under NetBSD
   (dos would be nice also).  I would like it to have a local bus interface
   for speed.  Someone suggested to me the buslogic 445S?  But they mentioned
   that I can not boot from it.  This is fine with me since I will also
   have IDE drives.  (but I want to dedicate as much of the IDE drives to DOS)
   Any other suggestions?

   Second, I am getting ready to purchase a CD-ROM drive.  I was looking at
   the SONY 765S(?)  internal quad speed (SCSI-2).  Will NetBSD support it?

   Last, I want to purchase a local bus video card.  What is the fastest
   one I can get that will work with XFree86?

   Thanks,

   Brad

--
-| bcolbert@aac.accurate-automation.com |----------------------------------
|                       Where you come from is gone,                      |