Subject: /dev/xf86 ... how does one make it?
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Maier <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/04/1995 14:17:00
I've noticed that xinit displays in it's output...

checkDevMem: warning: failed to open /dev/mem (Operation not permitted)
        trying aperture driver
checkDevMem: warning: failed to open /dev/xf86 (No such file or directory)
        linear fb access unavailable

1) why can /dev/mem not be opened and what would it afford if it could?
2) how do I mknod /dev/xf86 and what will it afford?

jam
*       John A. Maier          * Research and Development                 *
* E-mail: johnam@datastorm.com * Datastorm Technologies Inc.              *
*                              * Procomm Plus for Windows and DOS         *
*                              * (314) 443-3283                           *