Subject: Re: Where to get Xm inckludes/libraries
To: Scott R. Burns <Scott.Burns@labatt.com>
From: Alistair G. Crooks <agc@uts.amdahl.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/27/1995 02:54:59
> Well I tried all the news groups with no luck, so I thought the
> NetBSD gods might be able to shine some light on this one.
>
> Firstly, I am on NetBSD V1.0a (June 24th or so).  I downloaded the
> XFree86 V3.1.1 for NetBSD and it is running fine.  Now I wanted a
> different Window manager and everyone on the News groups said fvwm.
> Fine.  It appears to need xpm, which I found out was pixmap so I got
> V2.6 from ftp.x.org.  But, pixmap needs Xm (the motif toolkit I
> think ?).  Anyway, at least what I downloaded from XFree86 did not
> contain Xm, did I miss a kit with it in or do I need to get it from
> somewhere and build it like pixmap ?

I don't know what V2.6 means, in relation to xpm - try getting

	ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/libraries/xpm-3.4f.tar.gz

which is the library for dealing with xpm files.  Note however, that
you don't need xpm stuff to compile fvwm - it's an option in (I think)
configure.h in fvwm.  Certainly, I ran for about a year on various
versions of 1.* fvwm without any xpm library.

Alistair
--
Alistair G. Crooks (agc@uts.amdahl.com)                	   +44 125 234 6377
Amdahl European HQ, Dogmersfield Park, Hartley Wintney, Hants RG27 8TE, UK.