Subject: Compiling XView for X11R6
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Donald J. Maddox <root@rhiannon>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/09/1995 19:22:02
I know some of you have successfully compiled this, so hopefully one
(or more) of you will be kind enough to point out what my problem is.

When trying to build XView for R6, the Makefile produced by imake
fails with the following:

"Makefile", line 503: Unassociated shell command "XVCLIENTSYSDEFINES ="
"Makefile", line 505: Unassociated shell command "XVCLIENTI18NDEFINES "
"Makefile", line 506: Unassociated shell command "XVCLIENTMISCLIB ="
"Makefile", line 507: Unassociated shell command "XVCLIENTINCLUDES ="
"Makefile", line 509: Unassociated shell command "XVCLIENTDEFINES = $("
Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

As far as *I* can tell, there is nothing wrong with these lines, or
any of the preceding ones...  I have had this type of problem
repeatedly when trying to build large X packages.  Anybody know what's
wrong here??

                                       Don Maddox
                                       (dmaddox@scsn.net)