Subject: Re: ghostscript and HP LJ+
To: Brad Colbert <bcolbert@aac.accurate-automation.com>
From: Wayne Berke <berke@panix.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/04/1995 11:03:56
In message <9506301744.AA00525@aac.accurate-automation.com>, Brad Colbert write
s:

>    Hi folks,
>
>       I've had this problem for sometime.  Using ghostscript and it's
>    LaserJet+ drivers I can dump out to my LaserJet printer. I get
>    intermittant(sp) garbage as if the lp driver is dropping character
>    or it is trying to write to the lp device to fast, I'm not sure.
>
>    How do I get lp to perform a raw dump to the printer device?

It would be helpful if you gave a complete setup of your system:  processor
type, which version of NetBSD you're running, whether you're using the
interrupt-driven or polled printer driver.

If you're currently using the interrupt-driven driver (lpt0), you could
try switching to the polled driver (lpa0).  It worked for me.