Subject: partition mounting on sparc 2
To: Quaizar Vohra <qv@iol.unh.edu>
From: Torsten Duwe (Emacs) <duwe@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/22/1995 22:27:08

    Quaizar> Hi, I am trying to load netbsd on sparc 2 . I have 1 scsi disk
    Quaizar> with scsi-id 0.  I am trying to boot netbsd from partition d. It
    Quaizar> starts booting but somewhere in the middle it is unable to mount
    Quaizar> / from partition d and /usr from partition e. It somehow has
    Quaizar> mounted partition a as the / . Can someone help me on this.

This is the default behaviour. Change it by compiling a custom kernel that
has

config	netbsd	root on sd0d swap on sd0b dumps on sd0b

in it. To initially get there you have to boot a GENERIC kernel using the
"-a" for "ASKNAME" (of root partition). It seems you run ScumOS (or even
worse - Solaris ?) on sd0a ? I'm not too familiar with Sun's OpenProms, but
you should be able to specify the "-a" flag somewhere along the boot process.

Hope that helps,

	Torsten