Subject: Re: Help in compiling CURRENT
To: None <gobbo@parproc3.elet.polimi.it>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/21/1995 09:41:27
>From: Stefano Gobbo <gobbo@parproc3.elet.polimi.it>
>Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 08:34:51 -0400

>  cd /usr/src
>  make && make install
>
>  > make: no target to make
>
>The problem is that there is no Makefile here and make cannot proceed.
>Probably, I missed something hot during the installation.

If you got your -current source from the tarballs (*.tar.gz) then you
need to get /usr/src/Makefile separately.

>> tsort: xyz.so
>> tsort: cycle in data

These are simply tsort doing its job.

>> nm: xyz.so: no name in list

This happens when an entire source file is #ifdef'ed out.  No
functions or variables are defined in the resulting object file, so
its namelist is empty.

These messages are no cause for concern.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));