Subject: Two i386 questions
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Pavel <pavel@MAILBOX.SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/16/1995 14:47:02
Two miscellaneous questions:

1.)  What are the "silo overflow" messages that I get from the com
driver?  I have a 16550a UART, and I'm only running at 38400.  I'm
running -current from last week.  Am I doing something wrong, or is it
a problem in the driver?

2.)  I'm seeing io writes of 200k/sec through the filesys.
Originally, I figured this was due to my crappy IDE disk drive, but I
seem to get ~1.1MB/sec reading on the raw device, which is not too
bad.  Also, I booted up an older kernel and saw more like 500k/sec. to
/usr.  What kind of filesys overhead should I expect to see?

Many thanks,

Tom Pavel

Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
pavel@slac.stanford.edu