Subject: kernel builds, no config
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: aron roberts <aron@c2.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/08/1995 11:34:08
I'm trying to build a new kernel in hopes of fixing the problem with my
SIIG I/O card.

I have created a new config file. However, the faq seems to be of the
opinion that what i need to do is 'config MACHINEID'.

where i am running into problems is my lack of a config command.

running find from the / dir turned up the source to config so I think
"cool i'll compile that and be on my way".  Lo and behold, there is a
file the machine desperately wants to include and can't find (and right
now i can't remember what the hell it is).

so now just to be silly and to see what would happen I comment that
include line out. Of course now it fails to find yacc.

Now this is my first time trying to build a kernel, so i guess my big
question is: What am i doing wrong?

with variations being: 	Stupidity, nature or nuture?
			Why does the FAQ make my eyes hurt so?
			Is NetBSD a safe alternative to self-flagelation?

any help is greatly apreciated.

aron roberts
aron@c2.org