Subject: Re: Starting in single user mode
To: None <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/08/1995 14:22:44
>From: John Maier <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
>Date: Thu, 08 Jun 95 09:29:00 PDT

>I've seen reference to this in the past and would like to find out how it is
>done.  I want to archive my system and then restore it.  I remember, under
>Solaris, you can take the system down to a single user maintenance mode for
>things like this.  I thought I had seen this for NetBSD, how is it done?

If you're already running multiuser, issue the command

shutdown now

If you want to enter single user directly when you boot, use the -s
flag at the boot prompt.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));