Subject: None
To: Robert Rak <rakr@felix.univ.szczecin.pl>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@punk.weru.ksu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/07/1995 22:18:59
Verily did Robert Rak write:

>   Labeling disk wd0...cannot find label (no disk label)
>   done.

This is normal for a first-time install...

>   Than everything goes fine.

>   When I try to copy the kernel, system tells me:

>   Checking wd0a partition: please wait.
>   wd0a: cannot find label (no disk label)
>   Can't open /dev/rwd0a: Invalid argument
>   /dev/rwd0a: CAN'T CHECK FILE SYSTEM
>   /dev/rwd0a: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
>   File system check failed or aborted
>   Copy canceled.

> On the disk I have two partitions. First BIGdos partition second prepared
> for NetBSD (following the instructions). Could somebody tell me what am I
> doing wrong or what's wrong with my configuration (486DX4/100MHz, 4MB RAM,
> 850MB HDD).

Did you use "pfdisk" to mark the second (NetBSD) partition as type 165?

I just helped a guy install with a leading DOS partition on his system,
and didn't have any problems (like this) at all..

Just a thought...

-- Rob
Internet: windsor@pobox.com      Life: Rob@Manhattan.Kansas.USA.Earth
"Da Web": http://www.ksu.edu/~windsor/

"Life's a journey, not a destination."  -- Aerosmith (1993), 'Amazing'