Subject: Re: Display problems during boot
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: aron roberts <aron@c2.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/06/1995 18:27:33
(I should have waited longer to ask my original question)

With a bit more screwing around, and some old parts to swap in and out I
have found that the SIIG Multi I/O card is the culprit.

However, since the old card i swaped in uses an 8245 UART i can't very
well use that either.

Is there a way i can get NetBSD to work with the SIIG I/O card or will it
need to be replaced?  I can't figure out exactly what the error is since
that is the point where my screen gets mucked up.

any ideas on fixes or work-arounds would be welcome.

SIIG has placed stickers over all of the major chips on the board so i
can't see exactly what they are. I'd remove them but i might be able to
return this board if i don't.

aron roberts
aron@c2.org