Subject: Re: Configuring uucp
To: None <rferraro@ax.apc.org>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/01/1995 11:11:24
>Date: Wed, 31 May 1995 22:13:09 -0300
>From: rferraro@ax.apc.org (Ricardo Ferraro Gilaberte da Silva)

> I'd like to know if there is a book or some reference where I could find more information of how to configure the uucp of NetBSD.

NetBSD's UUCP is the FSF's Taylor UUCP version 1.05.  You can get docs
for it by obtaining:

file://prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu/uucp-doc-1.05.tar.gz

> I'm trying to use "cu" and "tip" but could not read yet the tone sound of my modem ! :)
>
> Detail: I have just installed the base10, comp10, misc10 and etc10 distribution set files. Is there any difference ? May be I should complete with the others.

If you want more documentation (manpages), then you should install
man10.  Some software expects that nroff and friends are present, so
you should install text10 as well.

You may be able to get away without obtaining the source
distributions, but you really should get them so you can

1) Apply patches 0 to 6 and rebuild the affected parts of the system.
   All of these patches fix potentially fatal bugs.
2) Build a custom kernel for your machine.

--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));