Subject: Re: where is gated?
To: None <bcolbert@rucs2.sunlab.cs.runet.edu>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/25/1995 00:36:39
>   I have two machines each running NetBSD 1.0 (Rock On!) and one has a
>   ppp connection to the net.  How in the heck do I route packets from the
>   local net machine(s) through the ppp machine?  Don't I need gated?
>   I can't find it anywhere.

This really depends on how your PPP stuff is set up.  Something like:

route add default ppp-machine

on the machine without the ppp connection is probably a good start.  It's worth
noting that your ppp service has to be configured to know to send packets back
to your other machine.  There are various ways to do this, but generally they
all require some sort of setup by the people running the ppp service.

--Ken