Subject: Re: funnies compiling current over NFS
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: Ernst J. du Toit <ernstjdt@maxwell.ctech.ac.za>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/22/1995 17:08:40
Hi

> definitely sounds like typical cyrix cache problems.  do you have the
> Cyrix's cache _disabled_?
>

> chris

No, I have the CYRIX_CACHE_WORKS and CYRIX_CACHE_REALLY WORKS in the
config file... I'll zap them tonight and see if it improves.

Interesting that a friend of mine has a IBM Blue Lightning chip (which has
the CYRIX copyrights etc. underneath) and he's got no problem...

Makes you wonder if IBM tinkered a bit :-)

One the other hand he's also running an OLD OPTI based board and this
machine I'm using has a ASUS board - might be secondary cache hiccups.
Come to think of it, he's OPTI doesn't have a CYRIX option and he's
running it like a INTEL - I'll first jiggle the jumper on the ASUS board
before slapping the cache off in the kernel - its a DOG without the cache
enabled :-)

et
--
Ernst J. du Toit (TED5)           Internet: ernstjdt@maxwell.ctech.ac.za
School of Electrical Engineering  BELTEL  : 175250 / Amateur Radio: ZR1ABB