Subject: Help, disklabel is trashed
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Maier <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/20/1995 16:45:14
I was trying to use a multiboot program that did some trashing of my NetBSD
drive.
If I try to boot the drive, I get the message, 'No bootable partition'

I can boot from a NetBSD floppy and mount the drives.  I did a disklabel -e
/dev/sd0a and am informed that there is no DOS partition, but I still get
label information on partitions a though e.  So how do I reinstall the
Master Boot Record without trashing things?

Looking at disklabel there is a -B -b sdboot etc. parameter, that looked
good, but I'm still a little unsure on disk issues yet.

jam

*       John A. Maier          * Research Assistant For Datastorm    *
* E-mail: johnam@datastorm.com * Technologies Inc. (Procomm Plus)    *
*                              * (314) 443-3283                      *