Subject: Re: stty: TIOCGETD: Operation not supported
To: Gerald C. Simmons <darykon!simmons@nwnexus.wa.com>
From: Mark Willey <mwilley@hillres142.cc.purdue.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/18/1995 00:29:35
Gerald C. Simmons writes:

> makes it a breeze to utilize the file servers CPU resources. However, whenever
> I execute a rsh command, I get the stty error message. The command requested
> gets executed as expected, but I'm left wondering about this error message.
> Anyone know what it means and how to fix it?

I get that error as well:
stty: TIOCGETD: Operation not supported

It's only when my TERM is set to xterm cuz' in my .kshrc I have this:

if [ X$TERM = 'Xxterm' ]; then
  stty erase
fi

My guess is that if it's not an interactive shell (no TTY attached) then
stty does not have any meaning.  (A guess, with as many technical words as
I know thrown in. :)  Look about in your .files and see if this is the case
for you.

Mark

--
      Ask me about FREE UNIX and X for your PC/Mac/Sun/Amiga/etc...
              mwilley@hillres142.cc.purdue.edu  Mark Willey