Subject: Bsd Help on Instalation
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ricardo Ferraro <rferraro@sec21.ax.apc.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/17/1995 15:30:07
Dear sirs,

 I'd like to congratulate you for the documentation that I received from
the instalation of NetBSD and the process itself.

 It is the first time I start an Unix-like system from scratch and I'm
having some trouble, maybe you could help me.

 First question: How can I get all the set-files by ftp-mail. I need to
use this way because my account do not have an ftp service.

 Second: Is it possible to install netbsd from MS-DOS ?

 THird: I have two hard disks: one of 570 Mbytes and other of 813
Mbytes. I'd like to boot one with DOS and other with NetBSD. My solution
was to install NetBSD as the Master Drive to boot from "c:", and to
install DOS at the Slave Drive ("d:"). When I need DOS I boot from the
floppy disk. When I will need NetBSD (not fully installed) I boot from
hard disk. Are there a way that I could not use a floppy boot disk ?

Thanks.

Best regards, Ricardo Ferraro.