Subject: NFS mount of a CD-ROM failing
To: None <cp1!mimsy!NetBSD.ORG!netbsd-help@cs.umd.edu>
From: None <cp1!ganza!jes@cs.umd.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/07/1995 15:26:34
Under NetBSD 1.0, I tried an NFS mount of a CD-ROM device
that is on a SCO UNIX box, exported as the device '/cdrom':

mount_nfs ort:/cdrom /cdrom 2>/tmp/mountnfs.err

I get this error message:
mount_nfs: can't access /cdrom: Directory not empty

The SCO directory has files in it, of course, while the NetBSD
dir has none.  I can read the files locally.  RFC1094 tells me this:

>   NFSERR_NOTEMPTY
>      Directory not empty.  Attempted to remove a directory that was not
>      empty.

Under an MS-DOS NFS implementation, I got a less descriptive
message saying, "mount: server replied: unknown error 66... please report!"
Any clues as to what is wrong here (or there)?
Thanks!