Subject: Re: Serial Ports
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Vetzal <svetzal@gold.interlog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/28/1995 08:15:30
On Mon, 27 Feb 1995, Len Burns wrote:

> What speed is your modem set to on power up.  That is most likely what
> the problem is.  It must match the speed of your port.  38400 is
> pretty common.

The modem should default to the speed at which the system sends the
system ID and login text, shouldn't it? I've looked through the modem
documentation, and can't seem to find a way to lock it down to a certain
modem-computer connect rate... It's a USR v.34 DS Courier...

Besides, I've tried the std.9600, std.19200, and std.38400 and all give
me about the same thing...

Why do I always seem to get the wierd problems 8^)

Steve Vetzal
svetzal@interlog.com