Subject: Serial Ports
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Vetzal <svetzal@gold.interlog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/27/1995 15:30:32
Greetings, All...

After some tinkering, I finally got cu working and can call out on my
external modem. (Finally figured out to force CD on..., though it still
doesn't work on my internal modem; go figure 8^(

However, I can't dial up my system at all. I've activated the tty00
device in the ttys file, pointing getty at a mostly unmodified std.19200
setting from the gettytab. I've set my modem to auto-answer, dial in, and
voila - nothing, or just garbage...

I've tried all sorts of parity settings etc. in the gettytab (I think
I've got :np:ap:... tho I've tried one or the other) and can't figure it
out. It looks like I've got my term program (that I'm calling in with)
and the tty settings out of sync, though I thought I tried all the
possibilities in the gettytab and with the terminal program.

Anyone successful with this? I've SUP'd the current source, compiled, and
still the same thing happens, so it leads me to think something about my
configuration is causing it...

Thanks for any help...

Steve Vetzal
svetzal@interlog.com