Subject: Re: Apollo/68k - ports, are there?
To: Christoph P. Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/27/1995 09:06:02
"Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>  wrote:
 > Is there a port of NetBSD to the Apollo Domain hardware?

There is some work in progress but it's slow due to lack of
time.

 > around unused. I'm thinking of changing the innards
 > of the boxes to PC type hardware but that would mean
 > disk controllers and graphics controllers becoming useless

There is already a driver for the ethernet card (if_eg), Someone
wrote an XF86 driver for the Mono card which would need a little
bit of modification to work on the Color cards.  There is also a
driver for the scsi-portion of the WD7000-ASE and work in progress
for the ESDI portion...  There is nothing for the Omti disk controllers
at this time however.

Hoewver, you'll never boot a PC off an Apollo disk controller due
to the lack of PC ROM's.