Subject: Re: dt permission denied
To: William V Roth <bud@selway.umt.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/27/1995 00:16:55
Sending requests to netbsd-help w/o specifying the platform that you're
running on might confuse a few people...  ;-)  There is a macbsd-general
mailing list for the mac port-specific questions.

> I zinstalled dt-1.0 and tried to run it. I got "permission denied" though
> I was logged in under the root.  I tried "chmod dt-1.0 -ugo=rwx", but it
> did not work.  I don't know what to do.

Make sure that /dev/grf0 exists and is of reasonable permissions.  I
don't think that your chmod command looks right, but I never use that
syntax.

Try doing these installs within netbsd.  You can use the "mini-shell" in
the installer to copy them into netbsd if you can't use SL/IP, PPP, or
anything else to download the files...  I haven't tried using the
installer to install anything but the kernel/system.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **