Subject: Aperature Driver?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Timothy J Kniveton <tim+@CMU.EDU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/24/1995 12:55:18
I recently switched from FreeBSD to NetBSD 1.0, and I'm having some
troubles with XFree86.  Whenever I use the Aperature Driver, per
README.NetBSD, I run startx or xdm, and the server switches video
modes like it's going to start, but then just stays blank and the
system is frozen.  I don't have any problems when I don't load the
driver, but it would be nice to be able to operate with linear display
memory access.

Also, something's very weird with colors.  rgb.txt is intact, but
the RGB color database doesn't seem to be loading right.

% xterm -fg purple
Warning: Color name "purple" is not defined

any ideas what this may be?

thanks...