Subject: Re: Wierd Silo Overflows
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.AU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/21/1995 15:10:19
According to Rens Troost:

>I'm using 16550s and a GVC 28,800 modem. The modem is
>set to do hardware handshaking, as is pppd.
>
>When the silo errors happen, I also get messages (I have
>kdebug 2 on the PPP line) about failed block uncompresses,`
>naturally enough.

Sounds very much like your handshaking is not working - are you using
straight "hardware" handshaking or the auto-reliable mode on the
modem?  I run a fairly similar setup - 486DX/25, M11F V.Fast modem,
16550 with hardly any silo overflows.  BTW what DTE speed are you
using?  I have mine set to 57600 due to limitations at the other end
of the link.

BTW Rens, I tried mailing this reply direct to you but the mail
bounced - is your reply address correct?

"Also, it takes a lot longer to get up North ..... The slow way"
        - "Clever Trevor" Ian Drury