Subject: Wierd Silo Overflows.
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rens Troost <rens@imsi.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/20/1995 12:00:06
Hi-

I'm getting continual silo overflows on a 486/66 machine
running PPP. The strtange thing is that when I run the
identical PPP configuration on my Pentium 60, I get no
problem at all.

I'm using 16550s and a GVC 28,800 modem. The modem is
set to do hardware handshaking, as is pppd.

When the silo errors happen, I also get messages (I have
kdebug 2 on the PPP line) about failed block uncompresses,`
naturally enough.

More disturbing, though; the errors will eventually cause the
PPP connection to hang, requiring me to restart the daemon
and the connection.

This is a 1.0 system with the 6 patches.

Any ideas???

-Rens