Subject: same fscking problem
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: William V Roth <bud@selway.umt.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/19/1995 23:10:50
I tried to take Adam's advice, but failed to follow his meaning in
regards to my r/w problem.

I enter fsck at command line and get:

Cant open /dev/rsd3a

I type fsck -p and I get:

can't open /dev/rsd3a:CAN'T CHECK FILE SYSTEM
can't open /dev/rsd3a:UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.

I type mount -u / and the problem is:

/dev/sd3a on /:SPECIFIED DEVICE DOES NOT MATCH MOUNTED DEVICE

I have tried to rebuild the devices after changing kernels, but I get the
following message when I open up the installer and choose my hd on the
scsi chain:

sd0 at scsi ID 0.
sd1 at scsi ID 1.
sd2 at scsi ID 2.
sd3 at scsi ID 3.
Mounting partition 'A' as /
Error on SCSIComplete(), # 10

I don't think this is a problem.  I have 2 hds, a hand scanner (off), &
cd rom (usually on), but they never give me scsi problems in MacOS
(though everyone thinks they should) and the Error on SCSIComplete(),#10
does not seem to be related to my other problem inside of unix.

Anyway, when I rebuild the devices after switching kernels, I always get:

Done making devices.
etc/fstab exists.  NOT re-creating.

This is the list of problems.  My major problem seems to be I can't run
fsck and I can't switch to r/w in multiuser.

TIA,

Bud

P.S. I took a look at the fed. stat. for export restrictions, but I could
not find anything worth adding to your warning.  The booter 1.6 is
working.  I did miss a pref. setting. Oops.

William Roth (aka Bud)   |   first year student   |   tel. 406-728-2305
1310 Gerald Ave. #4      |   UM Law School        |   bud@selway.umt.edu
Missoula, MT 59801       |   Missoula, Montana    |   Call for fax no.