Subject: Re: compiling a current kernel..
To: James Lever <James.Lever@mailbox.uq.oz.au>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/17/1995 01:42:34
> ok then.. what are the appropriate steps to compile a new kernel?
> starting from a full sup of current source.. nothing built..
>
> and at the moment.. from what I am doing it looks like the current i386
> kernel has problems.

This is sort of amusing; the appropriate steps to compile a new
kernel, etc., can depend on the current state of your system,
e.g. when last you compiled your compiler and assembler.

However, that information (which you didn't provide) is much less
useful than an _explanation_ of what problems you're seeing while
compiling!

My guess is that you probably need to update your compiler and/or
assembler, and maybe your linker...  but without knowing what problems
you're experiencing, we certainly can't be sure!

chris