Subject: Re: BT 445s changover from AHA1542CF
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James Lever <James.Lever@mailbox.uq.oz.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/17/1995 11:36:58
On Thu, 16 Feb 1995, Kenneth Stailey wrote:

> Did you try the config switches on the BT-445S?
> Also there is a firmware program that you use ctrl-b at boot to enter.

I have tried lots of different switch settings.. none seem to help..
if it helps the drive is a DEC rz25e (426mb)

there are absolutely no problems accessing the drive after boot but first
I have to boot from a different device - such as the floppy.. the kernel
loads and all without problems ... but just crashes on mount sd0a.

is there any reason why it fails to mount root? especially with the bt
controller but working on the aha??

btw: it doesn't even read /etc/rc

----
James
Lever Prentice Centre, University of Queensland