Subject: Re: Building a boot floppy
To: None <weingart@austin.BrandonU.CA>
From: Flavio Bergamaschi <F.A.Bergamaschi@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/16/1995 20:18:02
Tobias Weingartner writes:

> I use a 1542CF/1GB drive combo, that has the BIOS disabled for my NetBSD stuff.
> I boot it by using the floppy drive, with a kernel that has sd0a and sd0b hard
> wired in the config file.  Then at the boot prompt, all I do is give it the
> '-r' flag, and when it boots, it switches to sd0a for root.

This solution seems to be exactly what I need. The question is how do I
change the config file ? I haven't got a working system yet.

> It's slow, but it works.

I don't mind, as long as it works.

--
Flavio

Flavio A. Bergamaschi           | email: F.Bergamaschi@ecs.soton.ac.uk |
Electronics and Computer Science| voice: +44 703 592704                |
Mountbatten Bldg. 4037          | fax:   +44 703 593045                |
University of Southampton       |                                      |
Southampton, SO17 1BJ , U.K.    |                                      |