Subject: Building a boot floppy
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Flavio Bergamaschi <F.A.Bergamaschi@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/14/1995 19:32:09
Hi everyone out there;

This question might be very simple for some of you,
but .....

My plataform is configured as follows:

486DX-33 with 16 MB RAM,
VESA-LB IDE Disk Controller + 200MB IDE HD,
ISA SoundBlaster 16 SCSI(Adaptec 152x) + 250MB SCSI HD,
ISA SMC Elite 16 Ethernet Adapter,
PCI Diamond Stealth 64

I know it is a weird combination, but it does work.
The IDE Hard disk is loaded with DOS/Windows and the
SCSI with NetBSD.

Well... I managed to install NetBSD v1.0 on the SCSI
hard disk with the standard net-installation floppy.
It was quite easy to do; the kernel recognized all
the hardware configuration without a single problem.

Now, the SB16-SCSI doesn't have the BIOS to the the
motherboard that the SCSI controller is there, so
I need to produce a boot floppy that would load the
kernel and then jump to the SCSI Disk to access all
the NetBSD system. The problem is that I can't figure
out how. The INTALLATION guidelines are note clear
on how to do that.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

Flavio
Flavio A. Bergamaschi           | email: F.Bergamaschi@ecs.soton.ac.uk |
Electronics and Computer Science| voice: +44 703 592704                |
Mountbatten Bldg. 4037          | fax:   +44 703 593045                |
University of Southampton       |                                      |
Southampton, SO17 1BJ , U.K.    |                                      |