Subject: Re: Cannot get my SoundBlaster Pro working
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: The Grey Wolf <aellwood@MIT.EDU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/13/1995 20:04:45
>I have seen others report this type of error as well.  It looks like it's
>fine, but when you do a "cat file.au > /dev/audio" the process never exits,
>and you can't kill it.  No sound, either, BTW.  ;-)

I have this problem as well.  I have a Sound Blaster 16 (this is
NetBSD 1.0 for the i386, btw) which loads just fine.

>Oh, BTW, it takes a bit of time in the kernel load to detect the SB card.
>Like maybe more than ten seconds.

I don't get this.  I loads as fast as any other device. I get on boot:
sb0 at isa0 port 0x220-0x22f irq 5 drq 1: dsp v4.13

I have the appropriate pseudo-device and /dev/audio has the
permissions set right.

I haven't tried to debug it either, though I will at some point
because I want to use mbone ;)

Alexandra Ellwood
(aellwood@mit.edu)