Subject: Cannot get my SoundBlaster Pro working
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.AU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/13/1995 12:47:36
Folks,
        I have wacked a SoundBlaster Pro sound card into the old Siren
(NetBSD 1.0, no patches, 486DX/25 machine) and configured the kernel
to support it.  I chose interrupt 7 and DMA channel 3 for the card and
setup the jumpers accordingly.  When the siren boots it gets up to
probing sb0 and tells me that "DMA Channel 3 is invalid for this card"
or words to that effect.  I ignored the message and made a /dev/audio
device and tried to cat to it to which the response was "Device Busy"
no real surprise there.  The card _does_ work with DOOM (hey, I was
only using it to test the card.  Honest! ;-) so I believe that the
jumpers are correct.  Any suggestions/patches?  I know there have been
some patches for sound cards....

"Also, it takes a lot longer to get up North ..... The slow way"
        - "Clever Trevor" Ian Drury