Subject: Re: My clock 2 hours behind
To: None <P.T.H.Tutelaers@urc.tue.nl, volker@sfb256.iam.uni-bonn.de>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/06/1995 16:08:50
> > My clock now 9:05 my NetBSD-1.0 clock 7:05.
>
> Strangely enough, my clock is only 1 hour behind.  Maybe you have a BIOS that
> enables DST in CMOS or something.

Note that the current NetBSD code doesn't honor dst correctly. It simply
adjusts the time difference on boot by another hour. Always.

I.e., if your kernel is compiled with dst, you'll have to have daylight saving
time (a.k.a. summer time) in your CMOS clock even in winter :-/.

I've got code that implements DST_NONE through DST_CAN correctly, i.e. dst 0
through 6, but beware, it includes a deliberately undocumented formula
to convert a date to the number of days since 1/1/1970.

Due to some dispute with the core team about the suitability of such
undocumented code this hasn't made its way into the official version.
--
ws@TooLs.DE     (Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH) 	+49-228-985800