Subject: Weird happenings with 1.0R
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bror 'Count' Heinola <count@snafu.muncca.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/02/1995 15:34:32
	I just installed 1.0 release yesterday and ran into some weird
	problems...

	1) Characters are missing from the screen. Ie. there are empty spaces
	instead of characters, and the places change randomly if screen is
	refreshed with CTRL-L. Same thing happens with GENERICAHA and my
	custom kernel.

	2) The machine won't reboot from NetBSD. /sbin/reboot just halts the
	machine but won't reboot even though it claims to do so. This is a
	real problem because the machine is remote to me and it's a pain if
	it has to be rebooted in place. Even now it's down - reason unknown -
	because it won't reboot by itself.

	Machine configuration is:

	GREEN 486DX motherboard (ALI chipset) with 486DX2/50 CPU / 256k cache
	16M RAM
	SMC Elite Ultra (BNC) ethernet
	E-IDE VLB Multi-I/O card
	Orchid Designer 8-bit VGA
	Adaptec 1542C SCSI host adapter
	IBM DSAA-3540 E-IDE disk
	Seagate 41200N SCSI disk
	Seagate 3096N SCSI disk

	Any ideas?

--
Bror 'Count' Heinola	# E-mail:		# Network admin of muncca.fi
Pengerkatu 13b A5	# count@snafu.muncca.fi	# Count in IRC