Subject: Re: Pentium PCI System config, any warnings? (fwd)
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/02/1995 04:39:02
In article <199502020116.UAA06118@eth217.hampshire.edu>,
Stephen Champion  <steve@eth217.hampshire.edu> wrote:
> 	Precisely.  SCSI isn't bleedin' IDE. SCSI-2 (esp. SCSI-2 FAST)
> supports more bandwidth on the bus, and up to 7 devices (one is the
> controller).  There's really little need to have two SCSI busses (unless

More precisely, it supports 8 devices.  typically one is your
controller, which leaves you 7.  It's the same for SCSI-1.  Also, I
think SCSI-2 WIDE allows 16 (or 32) units.  At least, that's what I've
heard...  I've never seen any WIDE hardware, tho'.

--
Ty Sarna                 "Don't be wet or humidity, for the cause of
tsarna@endicor.com        electric obstacle." -- Warning from a manual