Subject: PS/2 Mouse problem
To: NetBSD1.0 list netbsd-help <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Piet Tutelaers <P.T.H.Tutelaers@urc.tue.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/31/1995 17:30:47
Hello,

I have used NetBSD 0.9 for quite some time and am moving to 1.0. In
general this is not difficult but I have some questions and a single
problem. Perhaps somebody can help me.

The problem first:
------------------
I have a DECpc with a PS/2 compatible mouse. This is not recognized
anylonger. In 0.9 I got some patches for it. The kernel is rebuild with
an extra line:
device		pms0	at isa? port "IO_KBD" irq 12

In 0.9 I used:
# Busmouses (lms0: Logitech, mms0: Microsoft, pms0: PS/2)
device		pms0	at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 12 vector pmsintr

which worked. I also tried that line in 1.0 but in both situations
Xwindows start but the mouse is not recognized. Some help would be
nice!

The questions:
----------------
1) Is the new cheap Adaptec 1505 SCSI card supported?

2) I am doubting between buying a Mitsumi CD-ROM drive (because it is
   supported and you don't need SCSI) or buying a cheap SCSI CD-ROM.
   Good suggestions?

3) I have installed a lot of applications on 0.9. Instead of redoing all
   this work I would prefer to have some ready-to-go packages. Which are
   available and where?

Good luck with NetBSD. I like it very much.

--Piet

internet: rcpt@urc.tue.nl       __o      Piet Tutelaers
bitnet: rcpt@heitue5.BITNET   _`\<,_     Computer Center       Room  RC 1.90
phone:    +31 (0)40 474541   (_)/ (_)    Eindhoven University of  Technology
fax:      +31 (0)40 434438  Save nature  P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, NL