Subject: SLIP with NetBSD (sparc)
To: netbsd help list <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Dekelbaum <deker@Glue.umd.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/27/1995 20:38:23
I have a Sun IPC running NetBSD sparc current as of about a week ago and
I'm having a problem with getting slattach to work. Here's what happens.
I start tip, and dial the remote system and start the SLIP on that end.
Then I suspend tip and run "slattach /dev/ttya" and get the error

  ioctl(TIOCSDTR): Inappropriate ioctl for device

So, after looking at the FAQ, i recompiled the kernel with the line

  pseudo-device sl 2

this served it's purpose of adding the 2ns sl device (although I still
don't get why i need 2) but I still get the same TIO.... error....

any ideas?

thanks in advance

rob

deker@glue.umd.edu  --  "I make love to the darkness."