Subject: Re: FYI: 'mbi at should be found' resolved
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@entropic.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/26/1995 15:18:03
Ken Hornstein <kenh@entropic.com>  wrote:
 > >There was a paperclip on the SCSI ribbon cable!
 > At least you weren't the one who spent 3 months debugging the floppy driver to
 > discover why writing to floppies didn't work, only to discover the damn
 > drive cable wasn't plugged in all the way.  I felt pretty stupid.

Since we're being self-deprecating.....

When I did the if_ec.c driver (predecessor to if_ed) I was trying to figure out
why I wasn't getting any interrupts after transmitting or receiving a packet.

I'd gone so far as to stick a scope on the bus, and even managed to prove
my interrupt handler worked fine by sticking a paper clip across the
appropriate places on the connector to trigger the interrupt..

After about a week of this foolishness, I decided to explain the
situation to a colleague in case he had some wisdom to offer. The
first question my colleague had was "Do you think perhaps plugging the
cable into the card might help?"

Doh! Bart!

Herb.